The Peterborough Canoe & Kayak Club is a sprint canoe/kayak club positioned in the heart of Peterborough, on Little Lake. PCKC is looking for someone to help grow the sport of paddling and continue to develop sprint athletes to compete at local and regional regattas.
Position: Flatwater Program Lead
The Flatwater Program Leads will take direction from and report to the Head Coach. It is a full-time positions for July and August with potential part-time hours available in June. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
▪ Manage U10 & U14 sprint programs, adult paddling and special olympics program
▪ Planning workouts
▪ Organize practices
▪ On-water and dry land coaching
▪ Will be required to attend regattas
▪ Must have sprint canoe/kayak experience
▪ Minimum 18 years of age
▪ ELCC trained, certification preferred
▪ Previous coaching experience
▪ Effective communication and problem solving skills
▪ CPR, Standard First Aid certification
▪ Pleasure craft operator card
▪ Acceptable criminal background check
Application deadline: Oct. 31st, 2021
Interested candidates can email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act, 2005), the Peterborough Canoe & Kayak Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform us at the time of application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be Contacted.