The Peterborough Canoe & Kayak Club (PCKC) is a not-for-profit corporation that was established in July 2017 to bring sprint canoe-kayaking and other watersports to Peterborough. We plan to make Little Lake the hub for paddling in the County of Peterborough and surrounding areas. The PCKC is partnered with the Canadian Canoe Museum and together through our sponsors and the generous support of the City of Peterborough we will contribute greatly to the well being of our community.
Darren Mossman has joined the Peterborough Canoe & Kayak Club to share his passion for paddling with the Peterborough Community. As a paddler and a coach, Darren has been involved with sprint paddling for over 15 years. Darren was previously the Head Coach of Pickering Rouge Canoe Club and has also worked for the Cobourg Dragon Boat & Canoe Club. Over the years Darren has worked with all different types of paddling including, outrigger, stand-up paddle boarding, recreational canoeing, and sprint canoe/kayak.
More about Darren:
- 2004 Dragon Boat World Championship - Shanghai, China
- 2005 Dragon Boat World Championships - Berlin, Germany
- 2006 Club Crew World Championship - Toronto Ontario
- 2006 Team Ontario Member - Canoe Kayak
- 2007 Hong Kong International Dragon Boat Regatta
- 2012 Dragon Boat Canada Nationals - Coached Premier Team to 5th place finish
- NCCP/Canoe Kayak Canada - CanoeKids, ELCC, Comp Dev trained
- ORCA - Basic Canoeing Instructor
- Lifesaving Society - Bronze Cross
- OCT - Certified Teacher in Ontario
- 2016-2018 Coach of Survivors Abreast Dragon Boat Team
PCKC is run by volunteer board members who oversee all club business.
Fundraising and Grant Application
General Manager and Treasurer
Director at Large
Joe Van Koeverden